About Me

I am Jeff Kuck and I am going to college at BYU. I just got back from serving a mission in Montana for my church. I am from Milton, GA. I love music, listening to it playing it whatever. I play 11 instruments, ukulele, baritone ukulele, guitar, charango, pan flute, euphonium, trumpet, tuba, trombone, piano, and harmonica. I enjoy all sports, but I love golf.

Followers

Friday, May 6, 2011

Take a Swing at the Gospel. First we pick our clubs.

First we pick our clubs. In PGA rules you are only allowed a certain amount of clubs at any time. There all sorts of clubs to choose from: Drivers, woods, Irons, Putters. And they come from many different brands: Taylormade, Nike, Titleist, Adams golf, Callaway, Mizuno, and so many others.

It doesn't matter necessarily what you use. But every golfer will tell you that  it matters how you and the club get along. What I mean by that is that your swing needs to feel good on your club. Typically golfers have these clubs: Driver, 3\5-wood, 3\4\5\6\7\8\9 iron,  Sand wedge, Pitching wedge, and putter.You can pick any clubs you want, but you can only have 14 clubs as a PGA golfer.

In the gospel, you need the right clubs. The Lord understands that. And he picked our clubs for us. He has called prophets throughout history to write down their dealings with the Lord. Their writings are called scriptures. Today the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has 4 major scriptures: The Book of Mormon, the Holy Bible, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. With these clubs we are ready to play the course of life and to take a swing at the Gospel. To learn more about these volumes of scripture, check out mormon.org.




















No comments:

Post a Comment