About Me

I am Jeff Kuck and I am going to college at BYU. I just got back from serving a mission in Montana for my church. I am from Milton, GA. I love music, listening to it playing it whatever. I play 11 instruments, ukulele, baritone ukulele, guitar, charango, pan flute, euphonium, trumpet, tuba, trombone, piano, and harmonica. I enjoy all sports, but I love golf.

Followers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dealing with trials Hole #2: 540 yd. Par 5

Just when you feel like you have warmed up, the very next hole proves to be a test. When you get to the hole, you notice three things. According to the map, sand surrounds the green. The next thing you notice is the large body of water sitting next to the fairway along its right side. The last thing you see is that it is a dogleg right almost 90 degrees. As your partner tees it off, you think to yourself, Why me? Now it's your turn. What are you going to do? turn and run? give up? At this point there is really only one thing you can do. Go forward and hit the ball. You ask yourself how this relates to life and the Gospel. Well let me tell you.

Life is the same way. Just when we feel like we've warmed up, Heavenly Father allows us to go through some pretty, difficult trials. The trials are catered to us and are really easy. In order to reach our full potential, we need to go through trials. What will we do? Run? Hide? We can't! Will we wallow in self pity? We can't! The prophet Nephi says in 2 Nephi 31:20: "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." As we press forward we allow the Savior into our live who, as the prophet Alma said, has "gone forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people." I know that pressing forward through trials isn't easy. But just like overcoming obstacles on a golf course brings a sense of accomplishment, that same sense of accomplishment can e felt as we press forward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment