About Me

I am Jeff Kuck and I am going to college at BYU. I just got back from serving a mission in Montana for my church. I am from Milton, GA. I love music, listening to it playing it whatever. I play 11 instruments, ukulele, baritone ukulele, guitar, charango, pan flute, euphonium, trumpet, tuba, trombone, piano, and harmonica. I enjoy all sports, but I love golf.

Followers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Helaman 12

In Helaman 12 there are a few scriptures that have stuck out to me ever since the Stake president in Helena, President Allred, showed them to the Adult session of stake conference in September. I liked them because they are good checker statements to make sure we are living above the worldly standard. After I show them, I will right down some questions i think we all should answer as members of the Church.

 3 And thus we see that except the Lord doth achasten his people with many afflictions, yea, except he doth visit them with bdeath and with terror, and with famine and with all manner of pestilence, they will not cremember him.
  4 O how afoolish, and how vain, and how evil, and devilish, and how bquick to do iniquity, and how slow to do good, are the children of men; yea, how quick to hearken unto the words of the evil one, and to set their chearts upon the vain things of the world!
  5 Yea, how quick to be lifted up in apride; yea, how quick to bboast, and do all manner of that which is iniquity; and how slow are they to remember the Lord their God, and to give ear unto his counsels, yea, how slow to cwalk in wisdom’s paths!
  6 Behold, they do not desire that the Lord their God, who hath acreated them, should brule and reign over them; notwithstanding his great goodness and his mercy towards them, they do set at cnaught his counsels, and they will not that he should be their guide.
 
These scriptures make me ask myself these questions:
1. Am I willing to be led by the Lord?
2. Is the Lord's will more important than mine?
 
In answering these questions, I can feel those things that aren't important leave my focus and those which are come into view.

No comments:

Post a Comment