About Me

I am Jeff Kuck and I am going to college at BYU. I just got back from serving a mission in Montana for my church. I am from Milton, GA. I love music, listening to it playing it whatever. I play 11 instruments, ukulele, baritone ukulele, guitar, charango, pan flute, euphonium, trumpet, tuba, trombone, piano, and harmonica. I enjoy all sports, but I love golf.

Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Temple of God!

Many people attack our church for many different points in our doctrine. One of these points is our building of Temples. Recently I read in Exodus where the Lord tells the Children of Israel to build a temple to worship their God. Not only does he command them to build one, but he gives them the exact dimensions of how the templs should be built. You can read this in Exodus 26-31. You can read about the Building of it in Exodus 36-40. As you can see, the temple is doctrinally based in the Old Testament. So how about the New Testament? Well the first place Christ went to in Jerusalem when he was twelve years old was the temple of Herod. If you remember the story mary and Joseph left Jerusalem, and could not find Jesus. They looked all over the city. They never thought to look in the temple. They went there and found him talking teaching the chief priests. Mary told him that they had looked everywhere for him, and I love his reply. "And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? awist ye not that I must be about my bFather’s business?" (Luke 2:49) His Father's business took place in the temple. There are many other instances where Christ goes to the temple to preach. Twice he throws the moneychangers out of the temple. It must be an important part of His Father's kingdom. Today we have temples that dot the earth. The Lord told the Prophet Joseph in Doctrine and Covenants 88: 119, "Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a bhouse, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God!" In the temple we are "endowed with power from on high." I know that God has given us temples to bless us and to bless our ancestors. The best part about temples is that we can, after we perform ordinances for ourselves, perform them for our dead vicariously. Thus linking our families for eternity. I know these things are true!Atlanta Georgia Mormon TempleCórdoba Argentina Mormon TempleManhattan New York Mormon Temple 

No comments:

Post a Comment