About Me

I am Jeff Kuck and I am going to college at BYU. I just got back from serving a mission in Montana for my church. I am from Milton, GA. I love music, listening to it playing it whatever. I play 11 instruments, ukulele, baritone ukulele, guitar, charango, pan flute, euphonium, trumpet, tuba, trombone, piano, and harmonica. I enjoy all sports, but I love golf.

Followers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Choose Ye This Day Whom you will serve

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a Gospel of choice. All choices stem from the biggest choice, the choice to follow God or to follow Satan. I recall mighty Joshua, a prophet in Israel, and his prophetic words in Joshua 24:15, which read: "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I recall the words of Lehi, a loving father to his son Jacob, in 2 Nephi 2:27, which say: "Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable like unto himself." Today in my personal study I read another scripture that exemplifies this concept in Alma 3:27, which reads: "For every man receiveth wages of him whom he listeth to obey, and this according to the words of the spirit of prophecy; therefore let it be according to the truth." I add my testimony with that of these great prophets that I do know that as we turn to our Savior we choose life and as we turn to our own knowledge we choose death and captivity. This Gospel is God's WAY! It is my prayer that you choose this day whom you will serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment